Thin Line Fest
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
2017 Thin Line Photography Festival
"Show Us Your Best Work."
Legendary fashion photographer Helmut Newton once said, “The first 10,000 shots are the worst.” Helmut shot on film - a digital camera can take unlimited photos. When one thinks about it, shooting digital makes finding your individual and unique style easier and yet more difficult.
It's said that your portfolio is only as strong as your weakest picture, and last year's Thin Line photography submissions were very strong. As our name suggests, we are always pushing that thin line a little further and this year we've narrowed our photography submission categories down to just one: "Show Us Your Best Work."
Ansel Adams said: “Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good
crop.” Hardly any of us can ever hope to achieve Ansel's status but amateur and
professional photographers alike will typically have that one image (or series
of images) that clearly define their style, scope, and passion in photography.
That's what we want to see from you.
Show us your best work. We are ready to be amazed.
- Early Bird Deadline is October 31, 2016
- Regular Deadline is December 15, 2016
- Late Deadline is January 15, 2017
The 2017 Thin Line category of “Show Us Your Best Work” will have four (4) award levels:
1st Place: $1000 cash or cash-value
2nd Place: $500 cash or cash-value
3rd Place: $250 cash or cash-value
4th Place: $150 cash or cash-value
Eligibility: Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all images and content in the entry. You must be the creator and current copyright holder of all work submitted. The photo contest is open to all photographers worldwide, both amateur and professional. All genres accepted. Thin Line reserves the right to place your images in any category for award purposes. Student works are accepted.
Fees: Submission fees are in US Dollars and are non-refundable. Thin Line reserves the right to disqualify a submission, without a refund or credit, if eligibility requirements are not met or if eligibility status changes. Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate fee. Submission fees may be paid by credit card only (Visa, MasterCard, Discover).
Students: Students get 50% off submission fees. Your submission must be flagged as 'student' when asked and you must e-mail a photo/copy of your student ID to email@example.com within 20 days of submission.
We MUST receive all submission materials (including high resolution digital photo, photo description and photographer bio) by January 14, 2017. Otherwise, your submission will not be considered.
Multiple entries are allowed.
If You Are Selected
- All entrants will be notified by e-mail their submission status no later than February 20, 2017.
- You must execute a release agreement wherein you (i) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your photo at Thin Line 2017 and any future festivals, (ii) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your photo at Thin Line 2017; and (iii) indemnify and hold harmless Thin Line Fest, its parent company, its affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against any claim arising out of exhibition of your photo,at Thin Line 2017.
- You authorize Thin Line Fest to exhibit your selected work during the festival and any future festivals.
- You authorize Thin Line Fest to use your selected work for festival promotion purposes.
If your photo is selected for print, the Photo Program Committee will determine print-size and format for display at the various photography exhibitions. You must provide a high-resolution, print-ready format of the selected photo(s).
Photo Sales: If Thin Line chooses to offer prints for sale, you may opt in or out of the Photo Sale program. For Sales, all interested parties will be asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org at which point we will work with the artists to determine print requirements and pricing. Net proceeds will be split 50/50 with the artist.
- Thin Line, at its sole discretion, may invite select photographers to participate in the festival.
- All invited works are ineligible for competitive awards.
- Unless otherwise agreed by the Festival in writing, awards will be fulfilled approximately 10-14 weeks after the closing date of the festival.
- Award eligibility is subject to any restrictions or conditions imposed by applicable laws and regulations (international, federal, state or otherwise), and the award recipient is responsible for all applicable taxes, customs, tariffs, insurance and similar charges or costs (if any).
- 2017 Awards listed are subject to change.
Photo entries will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, and artistic merit. The story behind the photo may influence the judges' decisions. Decisions made by the judges are final.
Copyright: By entering, you retain copyright and remain the owner of your images. Thin Line is hereby granted irrevocable permission by submitter to reproduce the images via print, web publishing, and other acceptable forms for non-profit, & editorial use. This permission applies worldwide. Submitter retains the copyright to all images and derivative works thereof, per USC Title 17 (US Copyright Law). Your submission releases Thin Line from any liability due to loss or damage of the images, and also releases Thin Line from any obligation to maintain copies of any digital file, image, or photograph.